Providence Health & Services
Cancers We Treat
Your Cancer Care Team
Insurance and Billing
Let our navigators guide you on your journey
As people of Providence and providers of cancer care, we recognize the impact of cancer on individuals, families and community. We strive to empower all to live well through compassion, education, resources and hope.
The Providence Cancer Center Navigation team helps patients access cancer care and better navigate the health care system. Our focus is on support for the patientand their families throughout the continuum of cancer care.
We offer referrals to cancer providers, assistance making informed decisions about treatment options, coordination with providers to improve the care received, help overcoming barriers to care and information on travel, lodging and community support resources to ease the burden of a cancer diagnosis.
A multi-disciplinary team offers care to cancer patients and their families:
Breast cancer nurse navigator
helps reduce confusion and stress, freeing you to make informed choices with your physicians, focus on your treatment goals and obtain timely access to other support services. Call (907) 212-6082 to contact the breast cancer nurse navigator.
– guide patients and their families through the health care system, facilitating access to diagnostic and treatment procedures, providing cancer education and information about survivorship and living well with a cancer diagnosis.
– provide counseling and help patients and families access resources, services and support which can reduce stress and improve coping through all phases of the cancer journey.
– available to meet with patients regarding concerns about family history of cancer, inherited cancer risk and testing options - a physician’s order is required for genetic testing.
– an oncology chaplain offers spiritual care for patients and their families along the continuum of cancer care.
– trained in oncology nutrition to help patients with nutrition and dietary concerns during and after cancer therapy.
– an additional resource from the American Cancer Society for patients.
– helps patients apply for Providence financial assistance, as well as state and federal programs - cost estimates are also available for treatment at Providence.
Drug cost recovery
– helps uninsured patients obtain certain chemotherapy drugs free of charge - patient must be receiving chemotherapy at Providence Infusion Center.
For more information on our services, or to speak to a Patient Navigator, please call
These services, many provided at no charge, are made possible through generous donations to the Providence Alaska Foundation.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Seward Medical & Care Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center
Providence Hospitals Outside Alaska
Classes & Training
Medical Office Space
Road 2 Retirement